Chicken Salad Chick To Open First Location In Concord
Chicken Salad Chick announced today it will be expanding in North Carolina with its first location in Concord. The new restaurant will open on Tuesday, September 12 and is located at 8915 Christenbury Parkway, Suite 40. This location is owned and operated by franchisee team Mike Hernandez and Don Carson of Cardez Hospitality Group, and marks the fifth Chicken Salad Chick restaurant in North Carolina.
During grand opening week, guests will enjoy southern hospitality through giveaways and specials at the new Chicken Salad Chick restaurant:
- Tuesday, September 12 – Free Chicken Salad for a Year – The first guest will win one large Quick Chick of chicken salad per week for an entire year; the next 99 guests receive a large Quick Chick of chicken salad per month for a year.*
- Wednesday, September 13 – The first 100 guests to purchase The Chick will receive a free stainless steel 30 oz. RTIC Tumbler.
- Thursday, September 14 – Thirsty Thursday – The first 100 guests to purchase a Chick Special will receive a free large drink and Chick Coozie.
- Friday, September 15 – Free Scoop Friday – The first 100 guests will receive a card for a free scoop of chicken salad, redeemable for their next visit.
- Saturday, September 16 – The first 100 guests to purchase two large Quick Chicks will receive a free large Chick Cooler.
Mike Hernandez and his father-in-law, Don Carson, will bring nearly seven decades of business and restaurant experience to the Chicken Salad Chick family. Prior to franchising, Hernandez served as general manager and executive chef for Compass Group, a foodservice management company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Hernandez has more than 23 years of experience in the restaurant industry. Carson brings more than 45 years of business experience in the banking and finance industry and previously served as CEO at RFA Management Company. Together, Hernandez and Carson formed Cardez Hospitality Group, which also operates the Chicken Salad Chick location in Uptown Charlotte, North Carolina.
“We’re extremely excited to introduce Concord residents to the Chicken Salad Chick concept,” said Hernandez. “Our fresh, homemade chicken salad recipes, spectacular customer service and southern hospitality are second to none. We’re passionate about the Chicken Salad Chick brand and look forward to serving the Charlotte metro area for many years to come.”
The Chicken Salad Chick concept, born in Auburn, Ala., was established in 2008 in the kitchen of founder, Stacy Brown. When Stacy discovered that the local county health department would not allow her to continue making and selling her delicious recipes out of her home kitchen, she overcame that obstacle by launching her first restaurant with the business expertise of her future husband and fellow founder, Kevin Brown. Together, they opened a small takeout restaurant, which quickly grew; the company now has more than 70 restaurants across the Southeast.
Chicken Salad Chick in Concord will be open Monday – Saturday from 10a.m. to 8p.m.